Tool Box Talk: Ladder Safety
Precautions for Ladders
- Inspect ladders carefully before use.
- This is the only way you will know that a ladder is in good condition.
- Check Rungs and side-rails to make sure they are not missing or damaged
- Extension ladder parts such as ropes, pulleys, guides and dogs to ensure good working order.
- All surfaces to make certain they are free of oil or grease.
- Keep metal ladders away from electrical sources.
- Do not climb ladders with tools or materials in hand.
- Use landlines to raise them
- Equip all straight and extension ladders with safety feet or secure them at the bottom.